Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stirring Desert Canyons

The scenery in this dream was beautiful. I was standing in a small green field next to large rocks. In front of me was a magnificent canyon area with lots of swirling oranges and light browns.



Behind me was a forest. Walking along the edge of it was my ex and her boyfriend. I dunno why I dreamed about them. They were holding hands and walking alone.



With me, spread out in different areas of the green field was Derek's kids and everyone from his youth group. I walked over to another rock area where a black cauldron was. I started stirring this bean/rice/soup looking mixture with a large wooden spoon. The end.



Symbols

Field:

To see green fields in your dream, symbolize great abundance, freedom, and happiness. You may also be going through a period of personal growth. Alternatively, this dream may simply be an expression for your love of nature.

Canyon:
To see a canyon in your dream, represents your unconscious mind and hidden feelings. It may point to emotions and relationships that you did not recognize.

Forest/Woods:
To dream that you are in or walking through the forest, signifies a transitional phase. Follow your instincts. Alternatively, it indicates that you want to escape to a simpler way of life. You are feeling weighed down by the demands of your life.
To see the woods in your dream, represent life, fertility, rejuvenation, and spring. Alternatively, the woods symbolize the unknown and the unconscious. You need to open yourself up to discovering your potential and your instinctual nature.

Cauldron:
To see a cauldron in your dream, implies that you are undergoing some transformation, It also indicates destiny or some magical, spiritual force. Alternatively, the cauldron symbolizes fertility and the womb. Consider the symbolism of what is inside the cauldron and its importance.

Cooking:
To dream that you are cooking, signifies your desire to influence others in such a way so that they will like you or become dependent on you. Alternatively, it represents your nurturing side. You want to be loved. Or the dream could mean that you need to express your creativity.

INTERPRETATION:
I'm not sure what this dream means. I didn't have any heavy feelings with this one.

My youth group used to be a tight-knit group of friends. Now we're all spread out and distant from each other for various reasons. Maybe the significance of the field is our freedom to roam wherever and currently we are all apart from each other.

If cooking symbolizes influence and a nurturing side. Maybe I long to bring us all back together. That maybe it's possible to reunite the group and belong despite our imperfections. Or maybe I long for that kind of kinship with another group and the people in my dream is just a reflection of once was. I'm not sure...

The relevance of there being three different areas has to do with where we are in life. I'm slowly moving away from the past and towards something beautiful. Those desert canyons also represent wonder and I believe my future. This strange mix of events in life make up the ingredients of who I am.

No comments: