Sunday, October 3, 2010

Looking

This dream was brief and kind of confusing. I was at a restaurant somewhere and was sitting at a table alone. Across the room, my best friends Brittney and Cody were sitting by themselves. I wondered why they weren't sitting with me. I was just there alone. Bizarre.



Symbols:

Friend:
To see friends in your dream, signify aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Alternatively, dreaming of a friend, indicates positive news.

Sitting:
To dream that you are sitting, indicates your indecision. You do not know what you want to do about something. It also suggests that you are idling and wasting your life away.

Separation:
To dream of a separation, suggests that you are experiencing some separation anxiety. You are afraid of feeling unneeded or abandoned. Alternatively, the dream means that you need to looking at an issue more objectively. You need to pull yourself away from a situation and look at it from afar.

Restaurant:
To dream that you are in a restaurant, suggests that you are feeling overwhelmed by decisions and choices that you need to make in your life. Alternatively, it indicates that you are seeking for emotional nourishment outside of your social support system.

INTERPRETATION:

This dream has a couple of meanings based off of what I've felt lately and the symbols in this dream. I could confuse myself by the symbolism so I'm just gonna stick to my feelings about this one.

A simple meaning of this dream is that I don't see my friends enough and I wish I could spend more time with them. They are always busy. And I'm just eating alone at my own table.

A bit more complex meaning to this dream is that I'm looking at other people's relationships from afar wishing I had something similar or better. Everyone around me is either getting married or entering new relationships. I've been single for almost a year. I'm not sure where the indecision comes into this dream or my waking life. It must have something to do with a personal thing. Whether or not I should be looking at all. Probably not. Decision made.

No comments: