Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Kid is Alright

It was a sunny day on what looked like West End, Downtown Nashville. I was driving a scooter thing with a ridiculous looking windshield on it. I ran over a barricade thing and made my way to the grocery store. I jumped on my skateboard and rode down this really smooth, steep concrete ramp into the grocery store. It was like something straight out of a skatepark. In the store, loud hip-hop music was playing. I couldn't hear the lyrics but the beat went really well with my weaving in and out of people and shopping carts inside the store on the smooth, glossy concrete. I was looking for 2 or 3 items in the store. Milk was one of them. I skated past a kid and his mother. The kid looked really excited to see me skateboarding through the store. Another board materialized and the kid jumped on to learn how to skate. I got my milk and turned around and the kid was killing it! He learned how to skate in an instant it seemed. He was a natural.



Outside behind the grocery store, I was sitting on a park bench eating something. A group of punks walk by me. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see them giving me mean looks. I ignored them. The kid and his mother were walking. The punks said something and made fun of the little kid. Sick of their foolishness and passive aggressiveness and making fun of that little shredder, I turned to them and made a scene. I hysterically started laughing and yelled in a way Adam Sandler would yell and make fun of someone: "Oh my God! That's so funny! AAHHAHAHAHA!! You're cool, man! So cool!" I continued to laugh and cause a scene. I was waiting for them to start something with me but they half smiled and laughed and seemed embarrassed. Mission accomplished.

Symbols

Scooter:

To see or ride a scooter in your dream, suggests that you are enjoying your position of power.

Market:
To dream that you are in a market, represents some emotional or physical need that you are currently lacking in your life. You may be in need of nurturance and some fulfillment. Consider the specific items that you are shopping for. Alternatively, the market signifies frugality.

Skateboard:
To see or ride a skateboard in your dream, indicates that you have the gift of making any difficult situation look easy. You carry yourself with style, grace and composure in the hardest of situations. Alternatively, the dream signifies your free and fun-loving side.

Milk:
To see milk in your dream, symbolizes maternal instincts and motherly love. It also denotes human kindness, wholesomeness, and compassion. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor that someone is "milking" you, either emotionally or financially.

Protection:
To dream that you are protecting someone or something, suggests that you are putting up an emotional wall or barrier between you and others around you. Consider who or what you are protecting for clues as to what aspect of your own self you are afraid of letting out and letting others know.

INTERPRETATION:
I don't really have any strong feelings towards this dream. I'm not sure what every symbol means to me in this one.

Skateboarding, searching for milk, the kid, and making fun of the punks were the things that stood out the most. I haven't skateboarded in a few weeks. And I am almost out of milk. Actually I need to go to the grocery store soon. I've been putting it off. But I think the dream goes deeper than just reminding me that I need to get groceries.

It's pretty clear that I was protecting the kid in this dream. And I had no fear in taking on that whole group of punks. But I'm not sure who or what the kid represents. What am I protecting in real life? Well.. the only thing popping into my little pea brain is family matters. My sister has been really hurt by a family member's actions and behavior and apparent lack of caring. It makes me angry. I'm protective of both of my sisters. The milk in the dream, according to dream moods, symbolizes maternal instincts and motherly love. Maybe I'm searching for a protective or nurturing figure myself. Cause it's definitely not coming from this particular family member at the moment.

On a more optimistic note, I don't have to repeat the same mistakes. I have a choice and I can be way better than they ever were. And perhaps my subconscious is telling me I can fight for those I love and be my own person. You always have a choice. The world's what you create.

No comments: