Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spider Web Bridge

In my dream I was walking on some boards that made a suspended bridge similar to this:


But it wasn't over water or over a cliff or anything. It wasn't anywhere special. But all of a sudden I start running into spider webs everywhere on the bridge. I had that sticky spider web feeling. Next I start waving my arms around. Not frantically or like a lunatic freaking out, but enough to get them out of my way and out of my face. I remember seeing a few spiders in some of the webs that surrounded me but they weren't doing anything.



Symbols

Web:
To see a web in your dream, suggests that you are being held back from fully expressing yourself. You feel trapped and do not know what to do or where to go. The dream may also be symbolic of your social network of acquaintances and associates.
Spiders: To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. A spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck.
Bridge: To dream that you are crossing a bridge, signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage.

INTERPRETATION: Maybe there's another point I have to get to in my life but I don't know how to get there. Speaking of not fully expressing myself and feeling like an outsider, one of my friends just yesterday was giving me a hard time about how I'm a man of few words. It's true, I don't speak unless I motivate myself or actually have something important to say. Maybe being so reserved is destructive but it's my nature. But making comments like that don't inspire me. That's just who I am. I should learn to be more outgoing and say what's on my mind even if it offends someone. Also, within my social network, I never really get a chance to say what I want about deeper issues. It's usually small talk that leads to nowhere. That's why writing is so important to me.

No comments: