Monday, January 28, 2008

Inexperienced Surfer

In my dream there was a big event. So big that a strange mix of people I knew were there. Beckie, Jesse, my parents, Steve, and many others. The event was a surfing contest. My first one. However, I had no experience surfing, but I thought it would be fun. I was so nervous. The sky was gray and the waves seemed small. Finally I jumped in. Very quickly after I jumped in, I was riding down a wave and performing amateur maneuvers. I had a feeling that I did better than I thought I would.

Symbols

Contest:
To dream that you enter or are in a contest, indicates the need to prove yourself as worthy and deserving. If you win the contest, then it represents your self-confidence, pride, and/or conceit. If you lose the contest, then it indicates a lack of self-esteem. You may not be fully applying yourself to the task at hand.
Surfboard: To see or ride a surfboard in your dream, suggests that you are going with the flow of things. You have giving in to the existing rhythm and is just there for the ride. The dream may trying to tell you that you need to take more initiative in where you want to go and what you want to do.
Surfing: To dream that you are surfing, indicates the ups and downs of some emotional situation or relationship. You may feel overwhelmed. One minute you can be in control of your emotions and the next minute you are not.

INTERPRETATION: The only way to succeed is to just jump in and make an attempt, even with little experience. I'm struggling to find my place and significance. I don't know where I'm going in life, but I seem to be doing alright. I don't trust in my own abilities; I have low confidence. Concerning the people in my dream. The strange and for the most part faceless mix of people in my dream that I care about. If they were not in the dream, I might have drowned during the contest. What I'm saying is that without their support in my decisions (no matter how out-there they seem) I'll only drown and lose confidence. "Divided, I'll wither away."

No comments: