Monday, January 17, 2011

Fight Off Your Demons

Last night I dreamed I was with my friend Kim on a rooftop, picking off zombies that were coming out of the woodwork on the ground. That darn dreaded zombie apocalypse. My vision switched to a videogame-like view as I sprayed the soulless flesh eaters from above with explosive rounds. After the lot was clear, I turned around and saw Kim entering the building alone as if she was fearless. Who knows what lurked inside? I was scared for either of us going in alone. So I rushed in. Everything seemed clear, quiet. The inside of this building looked a lot like my cousins old house, except it had 3 floors. Kim was nowhere to be found. So I went to the first floor. Kim appeared at the top looking down from the balcony, just fine, as if she had taken out all of the zombies on her own.



Symbols

Rooftop:

To see a roof in your dream, symbolizes a barrier between two states of consciousness. You are protecting or sheltering your consciousness, mentality, and beliefs. The dream provides an overview of how you see yourself and who you think you are. To dream that you are on top of a roof, symbolizes boundless success.

Zombie:
To dream that you are attacked by zombies, indicate that you are feeling overwhelmed by forces beyond your control. You are under tremendous stress in your waking life. Alternatively, the dream represents your fears of being helpless and overpowered.

Shooting:
To dream that you shoot a person with a gun, denotes your aggressive feelings and hidden anger toward that particular person. If the person you shoot is a stranger, then it indicates that you are rejecting unknown aspects of yourself that you do not understand.

House:
To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity.

INTERPRETATION:
This dream contains really vivid imagery, handpicked and manipulated by my subconscious from events within the past two days to remind me of something. No.. I haven't REALLY been killing zombies lately.

Last night Kim invited me to her church. I had came the night before but I just felt emotionless and a bit awkward. Some things were weighing me down. I was stuck somewhere inside. But last night was better. Very cool, real people around my age make up this church. It was more comfortable. And the pastor spoke of exactly what I needed to hear. The music that was played reminded me of Explosions in the Sky, Damien Rice, and a few other awesome combinations. It really set the mood and the church was very meditative in nature. He spoke of fighting our demons, moving towards just simply allowing God to heal us, our insecurities, fears, pain, etc. and learning to forgive and love everyone. Another thing I loved about the pastor was his emphasis on the fight and brutality of love, what many churches fail to mention. How fucking hard it is to forgive someone who has wrecked you. How hard it is to even love that person. It's easy to just say "fuck em." But it was a reminder that we're being called to forgive and we have to try and fight the demons that are saying the opposite. My demons have told me that it would be all better to just forget about them and erase them from my life.

The zombies in the dream represent our demons. They were everywhere and were bent on destroying us. I went to my cousins house, which may also have something to do with the house, but it definitely has to do with the videogame-style killing in the dream.. Because we stayed up til 5:30 this morning playing Modern Warfare 2. The last level we played was one of shooting from above in a helo. Kim entered on her own, which makes me think that she's actually stronger and more fearless than I think she really is. Or maybe it's that I'm more scared of my own demons than she is of hers.

The 3 levels of the house may be a symbol of the Holy Trinity, clear of any demons, failure, and hurt. A safe house. It's there for anyone to walk in, as soon as we get over our fearful uncertainty. Maybe it symbolizes the church. I wanna start going more. I had a good experience in that place. It feels like home. This dream was reiterating things said last night and saying that I'm not alone in this fight.

No comments: