Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pleased to Meet You

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed I snuck into a Chevelle meet and greet. Chevelle is one of my favorite bands and they're a band I've seen the most in concert (about 5 times). It's no wonder my subconscious used them in a beautiful, shameless metaphor. It took place on the 4th story of a new, trendy building in Nashville. I remember sneaking in and falling in line to go into a room to meet them. There was lots of glass in the building. Outside, I saw a bunch of skateboarders.

Symbols

Band:
To see a band or play with a band in your dream, represents a sense of community and belonging. The dream may also be a pun on banding together and need for cooperation/unity.

Deceit:
To dream that you are deceiving someone, suggests that you are lying to yourself that everything is okay when in reality it is not. You are trying to cover up some mistake or some lie. The deceit is manifesting itself into your dream and eating away at your conscious.

Skateboard:
To see or ride a skateboard in your dream, indicates that you have the gift of making any difficult situation look easy. You carry yourself with style, grace and composure in the hardest of situations. Alternatively, the dream signifies your free and fun-loving side.

INTERPRETATION:
I had a really awesome time with a friend that I haven't seen in two years. It couldn't get much better than a perfect 70 degree sunny day on the beach, a long walk, and the best sushi I've ever had. It was awesome.

But later on, I didn't feel quite like myself. It's whenever I'm around a lot of people I don't know. Her friends I just met. It was a cool scene. Not unlike parties I've been to or would throw with my friends. Loud music, alcohol, bonfires, inside jokes, your best friends. Sometimes I can adapt and be myself around people I don't know. Other times, I feel like I shouldn't be there. Like I'm sneaking into the Chevelle meet and greet in my dream. Not supposed to be there, but going anyway to see what happens.

Needless to say, I was being quite introverted around a larger group and I just wanted to spend more time with her or a smaller group. And I guess I wasn't being myself. I didn't really talk much. I felt like an outcast amidst a tight-knit group of central Florida friends. Sometimes I hate being an introvert. Maybe the skateboarders I saw in my dream symbolize my past roots. Who I used to be that I miss sometimes. Maybe I should be out there with them.

I just don't know where I belong. I've become very picky with friends and have a hard time relating to a lot of people. This needs to change. Make me whole.

No comments: