Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Late

I had a dream that I was outside of a Taco Bell with my cousin. It was dark outside. He walked in to get food while I stood outside the car. I got a phone call from my friend B, gloating about being at work before I was. I thought I was late. The clock on my car said 9:50. He said I wasn't late and that it was actually 7 something. I looked at my phone to confirm. He was right and I was relieved.



Symbols

Friend:

To see friends in your dream, signify aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Alternatively, dreaming of a friend, indicates positive news.

Late:
To dream that you are late, signifies your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. Time is running out and you no longer have time to accomplish all the things you want. Alternatively, being late in your dream could be telling you that it is better late than never.

INTERPRETATION:
This dream to me represents my static spiritual state. How did I come up with that? Well it's about a quality that this friend has in my waking life. He represents devotion to his faith and is more spiritually mature than I feel I am. The fact that I thought I was late tells me that I have this fear that it's too late for me and that I'll always feel lost.. and have that guilt feeling you get when you're really late for work and you get chewed out by your boss. Me, weak in faith.

What I can't stand is the people that make it seem like it's all puppy dogs, rainbows and praise all the time. The ones that seem fake and delusional. What some fear to show or speak about is the intense struggle to stay on the right path. The constant fight inside just to simply have faith that everything will work out, that we can overcome ourselves, and be something meaningful. Red is one of my favorite bands because their music is so hard and real and they truly show the contrast of our Innocence and Instinct.

What gives me hope is reminders like the one in my dream.. That it's actually not too late. We just have to overcome our stubborn selves.

"Now and again we try to just stay alive.
Maybe we'll turn it around,
'cause it's not too late.
It's never too late..."

"Never Too Late"
Three Days Grace
One-X


It's funny... I woke up realizing that I was actually late to work.

No comments: