Thursday, November 18, 2010

Floating on the Line Between a Dream and Reality

Quite a few years ago, when I was much younger, I took a trip to Virginia Beach with my dad. We went deep sea fishing on a large boat. On the ride back from the deep, I fell asleep on a bench on the boat. I dreamed I was watching a Parasailor- someone flying in the sky on a parachute attached to a moving boat. The dream didn't last long before I opened my eyes. On the boat, I could hear people talking about Parasailing. I sat up and looked around. I saw an actual boat with someone Parasailing!

I'm not sure what these kinds of dreams are called. They're not quite prophetic or precognition dreams. More like unconscious wiretapping into the conscious world and putting it together in images in the unconscious world. Pretty freaking cool. This has happened to me before. Our brainwaves speed up during REM sleep when we dream. So it's possible to feel like hours have gone by in a dream transposed from something you heard a few seconds or even a fraction of a second before awakening. I would love to hear about your experience with this kind of dream.

No comments: