Thursday, April 26, 2012

Swift Mountain Wind

       Last night I dreamed I was viewing a vast, jagged mountainous region from above. It was either by satellite or by helicopter. I don't remember. The mountains were dark orange colored by the fading sunlight, almost like Morder from Lord of the Rings. I was going to map out a cycling route, viewing from the sky. My plans quickly changed as I realized I was parachuting down from the sky towards the mountain.
       There appeared a long bridge connecting two of the mountains. Three soldiers were walking across. I targeted them with an advanced targeting system on my headpiece and missiles rained from the sky and took them out! I landed on the ground. The mountainous corridors were complex and jagged, but I swiftly made my way into a complex in the mountain. People were running around in a panic. I was searching for a certain person-of-interest. They weren't a target, but someone I had to capture. I ran through a commercial kitchen area, through a locker room area and long hallways but the person-of-interest eluded me. Still, I ran through there like a tornado, conquering like a man on a mission. Much of the detail in this dream faded.




















Symbols

Mountains:
To see mountains in your dream signify many major obstacles and challenges that you have to overcome. If you are on top of the mountain, then it indicates that you have achieved and realized your goals. You have recognized your full potential. Alternatively, mountains denote a higher realm of consciousness, knowledge, and spiritual truth.

Parachute:
To dream that you are in a parachute represents a protective force over you. You have a sense of security. Alternatively, the dream implies that it is time to bail out of a situation or abandon an old idea or habit.

Running:
To dream that you are running alone refers to your determination and motivation in the pursuit of your goals. You will find success and rise above those around you. Alternatively, the dream may mean that you need to hurry up in making a decision.

Search:
To dream that you are searching for something signifies the need to find something that is missing or needed in your life. The dream may be analogous to your search for love, spiritual enlightenment, peace or even a solution to a problem.

INTERPRETATION:
       I went cycling yesterday. We went on a really fun new route that the ride leader organized. He mentioned mapping it on mapquest. Perhaps my initial planning of a ride is a reflection of that. Oh yeah.. And I have 3 State 3 Mountain (100 mile bike ride in Chattanooga) in less than two weeks.
       I believe the mountains do represent challenges in my life. The fact that I was swooping in on the mountain signifies my unorthodox way of approaching things. Whatever I'm doing is working. This militaristic style is perhaps reminiscent of a former waking dream I had of becoming a Pararescue Jumper. The targets on the mountain represent obligations, things I am knocking out one at a time in my life, or in this case, many at once. It's true. Not only have I had 3 exams this week, I have 3 next week including finals and 3 State 3 Mountain immediately that weekend. Multiple targets indeed.
       The search for the person-of-interest could be anything. A final objective to complete before I can relax. Or perhaps its figuring out the mystery of the 'near death experience', a topic I recently became interested in. The answer still eludes me. I felt strong and fast in this dream, fearless, and able to conquer whatever was in front of me. Truly, I feel on top of things in my waking life. But I can't relax yet. So much left to do before the end of the semester and 3 State 3 Mountain.

No comments: