Friday, November 18, 2011

Snarling Wolves

After cycling for awhile down a trail, I jumped into a river and onto a makeshift raft. Suddenly I was time-warped to the 1400s. It was dark. On the other side of the narrow river were rocky cliffs. I passed by a witches ugly green face with lifeless white eyes that was coming towards me in the water. I continued on, not heeding it.

Around the bend, a wolf snarled from the rocky shore. Knowing my food supply was limited, I waited in waist-deep water for the wolf. He attacked, I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and shoved him underwater. A second wolf attacked my flank. I quickly shoved him in the water and they both drowned. Dinner for the however-long-stay in this time period.



Symbols

Bicycle:
To dream that you are riding a bicycle signifies your desires to attain a balance in your life. You need to balance work and pleasure in order to succeed in your current undertakings. If you have difficulties riding the bicycle, then it suggests that you are experiencing anxieties about making it on your own.

Raft:
To dream that you are floating on a raft suggests that you are drifting through life, not knowing where you are headed. You are confused about your purpose and direction in life.

Time Travel:
To dream about time travel indicates your wish to escape from your present reality. You want to go back into the past or jump forward to the future to a period where your hopes are realized. This dream also represents your romantic tendency and or your desire to romanticize everything.

Witch:
To see a witch in your dream represents evil and destruction. It may point to your negative ideas of anything feminine and your experiences with dangerous or heartless women.

Wolf:
To see a wolf in your dream symbolizes survival, beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social circumstances and blend into any situation with ease and grace. You are also a loner by choice. Negatively, the wolf represents hostility, aggression, or sneakiness. It may reflect an uncontrollable situation or an all-consuming force in your life. This could point to an obsession, an addiction or something that is beyond your control. To dream that you kill a wolf indicates betrayal. Certain secrets will be revealed to you.

INTERPRETATION:
My father actually wrote this very interesting interpretation (must run in the family lol): "Seems to indicate a personal struggle with truth suppressed (dark ages-i.e., 1400), suddenly coming to light via various sources (bike, raft). Because of this discovery, you were hungry and in a great struggle with evil (wolves), you overcame through use of elements or sources not of your own strength (water). But, you were smart enough to fight with them in these elements where you had the advantage. So complete was the victory, that you consumed your enemy (Dinner). But the search for truth is not completed (Dinner for however long stay)..."

I might add that I've had some odd occurrences in the past with wolves or dogs. I've loved wolves since I was in kindergarten and still have a couple of kids books about them. They've always been a good symbol to me. However in this dream they were evil, set out to kill me. I wouldn't ever want to kill one in real life but if one wanted to kill me, I'll do what I must to survive. I did have the advantage in the water. I couldn't have taken them both down on land. The dream certainly had a sense that evil was following me as I searched for truth.

The dark ages aka the time of the church apostasy certainly was a time of truth suppressed. I'm a bit rusty with interpreting dreams lately. It seems to be about not giving in to lies and combating, at least internally, the evil around me. I can't add much more to what my dad said other than this dream reminds me a bit of the verse: "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." (Matt 10:16)

No comments: